Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Everything I Learned about House Hunting...

I learned from Suzanne Whang.



Don't you just love HGTV? It's on my television (now in 42 inches of fabulousness!) constantly whenever Ryan can't manage to pry the remote control from my hands.

People have three home choices, they pick one, and the deal is done in 30 minutes! What?!? That's not how it really happens? Realtors are perpetually 15 minutes late? Houses are either falling apart or are stuck out in suburbia? The bank wants my social security number, blood sample, AND first born child to secure my mortgage? Awesome. Now I understand why some people rent for life.

I've changed my mind. I hate you, Suzanne Whang, for giving me unrealistic expectations about buying a home.

But I'll still see you at 9/8 central for a new episode, because HGTV is a hard habit to break.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! Loving hearing about your realistic house hunt. Yes- she makes it look way easier.... now you know what they DON'T show you... the couples fighting about how important a walk in closet is, settling for the really ugly kitchen, the sleepless nights and arguing that go into making the decision... they must cut that part out. Maybe we should write in and ask for a "House Hunters Unedited!"

Lee Goodwyn said...

hahaha I love it. I had the same unrealistic expectations thanks to suzanne.. I am sure y'all will find something you love!!! We did but it did take a little longer than 30 minutes :)

Allison and Ryan said...

Thanks y'all. So far it's slow going. Surely we'll find something we don't have to gut/settle for. Seeing as how we'll be signing our lives away and all.