Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Showered

It's taken forever (mostly because Virginia Ann just this very second uploaded pictures), but I'm finally posting about the super-great-and-thoughtful Cocktail Hour Wedding Shower that the Arkansas portion of our bridal party threw for us a few weekends ago. SO. MUCH. FUN. Y'ALL.

Our sweet hosts and hostesses rented out the top floor of Bordino's (with the fantastic balcony over Dickson) and had placed pictures of Ryan and me around the room with candles. The food spread was great, guests gave us way too many presents, and we were so humbled at the number of people who came to celebrate with us.

It really makes Ryan and I grateful for the group of people that we get to call our friends. Preparing for the wedding and marriage wouldn't be nearly as fun, exciting, and meaningful without them.

Here are a few pictures from the night.











Now, off for a little walk with Ryan, because I seriously don't look spectacular in my wedding dress yet. Which came in on Monday. Post to follow.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I want to know about the wedding dress - you said post to follow but there hasn't been one. Was there drama or did it arrive safe and sound?

Allison and Ryan said...

Safe and sound. She hung around the house a few days. I talked to her...told her how much I love her. Then she had to go to the seamstress for some work.

I'll post something about it before I forget.