Monday, March 2, 2009

Offered

Yesterday was a big ol' step in the adult direction for Ryan and me. We put an offer on a house. The only reason we're not freaking out about it is because we offered WAY less than asking price and are sure that we're getting a counter offer. Which, really, is kind of fun. Negotiating is sort of a rush. Hopefully the owners will realize that with 6,000 empty properties in the area, they aren't going to get $106/sq ft.

The idea of a mortgage is the scary part. Also, the realization that I'm probably staying in NWA for a while. South, I promise I'll make a return eventually. Sigh.

To keep my mind off of Tuesday at noon (deadline for seller to respond), I'll be getting excited about the Cocktail Hour Wedding Shower that seven of our bridal party members are throwing us on Saturday. Cocktails, appetizers, presents...yes please!

Mkay. Back to work. Or, back to looking like I'm working.

"I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work." Name that movie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Want to hear about the shower! Also- let me know if there is anything else I need to take care of before you come. When are ya'll getting here?