We've done it. We bought a house. Not on the first house we loved, or the second, but the third. Third time was a charm, apparently. No pictures yet, so I'll just describe. Brick and stone, 3 bed, 2 bath. 1600 sq ft. Vaulted ceilings in the master bath. On a hill, so we have a little bit of a view. Stainless, granite, hardwood floors in the living room and all bedrooms (I'd rather sweep than vacuum, no?). Laundry room. The most massive closets ever (thank you Big Guy in the sky), large deck in the back, and a 2 car garage (winters here get dramatic). Close to the interstate (also important when you have a 30 minute commute). Close to a great elemetary school (not that I'm having ankle-biters anytime soon, but hopefully that will make the neighborhood desireable for years to come).
But the kicker y'all...a potty closet in the master bath. I adore a potty closet. There's just something about THAT level of privacy that speaks to me. It was love at first sight.
So far, there are only about 6 houses occupied on the street, and it's going to be April until ours is done too, but it's going to be like watching a baby grow (I expect) to see everything come together. Also doesn't hurt that Obama is going to give us $8,000 in cold hard cash for buying this baby.
Con: No sod in the backyard. Get ready for your invitation to a Sodding Party! Beer, Burgers, and Backyard sodding for all to enjoy!
Bonus points for those who can tell me what our street name means. Ika. 'Cause I didn't know.
1 comment:
Can't wait to see pictures! See you Friday!
Post a Comment