Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Christmas in February

Santa came to Fayetteville to visit Ryan and me this weekend, cleverly disguised as my mother. The best gift of the weekend:


The cutest bride and groom aprons known to man. Couldn't you just die? I'm in love.

What I didn't take a picture of are the 14 Super Suppers meals that are now in the freezer. Dinner that I don't have to cook? The gift that keeps on giving.

Back on the wedding side of things, my sister gave me The Pink Book, a Memphis bride's guide to everything. So lucky to have a thoughtful sister!

Not to be outdone, Mom had in tow a copy of Southern Bride (which, sadly, accidentally drowned in a bubble bath before I finished reading it), and basically the whole collection of Sometimes Brides Forget, a line of things designed to keep me organized! Particularly clever is the door hanger. Posting a pic so you can give one to the next bride in your life.



Aside from gift-opening, the weekend was full of taking Mom to our favorite places to eat, cooking, and invitation shopping...which led only to me finding out thatI have much more expensive taste than I do budget. Seriously? Some of the ones I love cost $8.00 an invitation! Not happening. Luckily, Mom and Blakely are scoping out more reasonably priced options in Memphis today.

Signing out for now (because my company, sadly, doesn't pay me to blog)...
A

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is- RYAN IS SUCH A GOOD SPORT. He already fits into the family being willing to be dressed into snuggies and character aprons! Bless his heart!!! Looking forward to you coming in a few weeks. I must love you if I share my birthday weekend with your wedding planning :)