The next thing I actually really needed was some piece of furniture to house our DVR and DVD players. I didn't need to be able to see them from the seating area in the living room, because we have a remote sensor on the flat screen, so the piece could be low. Good thing, because I fell in love with this old hotel dresser that someone updated with a coat of glossy robin egg blue. It's almost the exact color of my china hutch, but the glossy finish, and the fact that they're in two different rooms, keeps it from being too matchy (I think). The only complaint is from Ryan, who now never knows what time it is, because he can't see the clock on the DVR box. Small price, I say. The minute I find a huge old mirror to prop up on the dresser, this wall will be complete.
Here are a few more from Christmas. No tree this year, because we were pretty sure that our puppy would demolish it and all things on it. I don't have many ornaments yet anyway, so I took some twine to this old frame I had and displayed a few there.
All for now,
A
3 comments:
you are so totally domestic, it's inspiring. nice find on the prints. :)
Well, I'm trying. I've mostly copied your craft ideas so far! I'm also showing Ryan your pictures, to convince him to let me buy the Canon I want. :) It makes all the difference!
Thanks for humoring me- it wasn't hard, was it! Everything looks great! Can't wait to see it all!
Post a Comment