Wednesday, June 8, 2011

May/June Randoms

First, let's just take a moment to remember how great vacations are. I have to do this because the rest of my vacation days until December are basically gone because of this little trip to Meh-hee-coh. I mean, I have a few more, but they're allocated to other people's major life events. A bachelorette party (Vegas! Woo!), a wedding, and a baby shower.





Okay. Back to reality. Isn't it sad that those are my only pictures of us from the whole trip?!? I'm not big on asking others to snap my photo.

Our sweet friends Craig and Jacqueline got married on the 4th. It was a beautiful wedding and a good reason to see lots of friends!





I call the next few "Don't Let Channin Steal Your Camera":







Next, my recent trip to heaven on earthTJ Maxx. Both Mom and Ryan gave me gift cards for my birthday, and they've been burning a hole in my purse for precisely two months.

I sort of love my guest bath shower curtain. I may have posted about it before. It's the most perfect mix of lime and kelly green, and it's Moroccan key. I faint. It was a kind of expensive curtain that I scored at Dillard's 75% winter clearance sale. Then, obviously, I had to get a big fat monogram on it because I'm from Alabama.


I had some plain, chrome ball shower hooks on it, but saw these today at TJM for a steal. I think I like them. I may also go back and get them in the bronze patina.



Next I found two pretty little white wire hurricanes.


They're going to be great on the deck either sitting or hanging, and now that I get them home, I want to go back and buy the other four I left homeless. Poor, homeless hurricanes...I'll be back for you soon. Don't let anyone else take you home.

And last but not least, this guy. I promise I'll hide the cord better later.



Technically, I already have this lamp in a matte gold finish. In the living room. Ten feet away from my new one. But this one has a great muddy finish with a gorgeous linen lampshade that puts my old lamp to shame. I'm so excited. Once it was in my cart, a woman asked if I'd pull it out so she could see it. I only took it out because I determined that I could outrun her, or at least pull her hair really hard if she tried to claim it for herself. I'm serious about my lamps.

Last, I'll leave you with a couple of shots from the annual couple's bunco event! It's so much fun. In all disclosure, I'm only a sub in this group, but someone is moving out of town soon and I have my eye on that open slot. We eat and drink and the boys really get into the game. They go back to being too cool for it immediately, but it's fun to watch them light up when they get a bunco. KC and Josef have a lovely backyard that they share with us, and KC has such fun decor!




It's important to have Jesus on your side as you roll.

Oh, and here's my attempt to organize some jewlery in my closet.

No comments: