My sister also had a friend paint a picture of our home in Montgomery. It's on the market now so that Mom and Dad can move to Memphis soon, so I love that I'll have a portrait of it forever.
We were also in town because a few weeks ago I was told that one of my bridal portrait photos was going to be on a magazine cover. The launch event was in Memphis. It's a little regional magazine, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's the only time I'll grace the cover of a publication, so I'm enjoying it!
Ryan and I decided last year that Easter is going to be the holiday that we try to stay in Fayetteville for every year. We usually have a little group of friends that stay in town, too, and our Easter Eve dinner has become a little tradition. We cooked turkey, asparagus, beer biscuits, and I attempted twice baked potatoes and deviled eggs for the first time. I forgot to take pictures of the food, so the flowers will have to do.
Lastly, I'll leave you with some random shots of things I love around the house. First, books I've picked up at Dickson Street Bookshop in the past few months. I love finding old books about places that interest me, and DSB has enough to keep you looking for hours. And, of course, the children.
Oh, and we almost got washed away in floodwaters this week! Can't believe I almost forgot to talk about it. Fayetteville got something like 12 inches of rain and on Monday, the roads to our house were so under water that most were closed. My sweet coworker/neighbor Staci offered her husband and his ginormous truck to help. He ferried us through some deep water so we could get home to our pups. I'm sure that my greeting of "Hi, roomie" didn't hurt his incentive to get us home, either. Here are some steps on campus that temporarily turned into a waterfall.

Here's to drying out in Mexico next week!
A, R, F&F
No comments:
Post a Comment