Monday, December 15, 2008

No Ryan, we won't be registering at Wal-Mart.

Is this something that you had to explain to your fiancé? Probably not. And it's not that Ryan thinks that our fine china should hail from the W, but his practical side just can't comprehend WHY IN THE WORLD our whisks and cookie sheets should require Emeril or Rachael Ray's endorsement.

And I agree. But at the same time, I just can't stomach the thought of y'all buying my wedding present alongside of your intimate purchases. My cookie sheet need never to sit in a buggy next to, on top of, or below your tampons, toilet paper (buy White Cloud!), and Sam's Choice cola. Call me a snob if you must.

Soooo, while at Dillard's, we did make some major life registry decisions.

I chose my sister's everyday pattern, Italian Countryside, because not only do I love it, but when she gets tired of it, I will get her whole collection (love ya sis!).

Next was the fiiiiiiiiiine stuff. I'm We're going with Lenox Pearl Platinum with a Noritake Rochelle accent plate. I may sleep with this accent plate next to me in bed. I love it that much.




The best part is possibly the flatware. Reed & Barton Berkshire Matte. The edges sparkle and the center is matte. It is the perfect flatware.

The crystal was a compromise. Ryan, quite frankly, doesn't see the point in it, and I don't like the frilly patterns, so we kept it simple with Lenox Firelight Platinum. Not too much cutting, and I adore the platinum band at the top.
I threw Ryan a bone and let him register for a whiskey decanter because he was so patient during the whole process. He even let me use the registry gun the whole time. I'm one lucky girl.

*I must add that Ryan is an internal auditor for Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Headquarters are up here in NWA. That's why he's so pro-Wally World. It makes his bonus check fatter.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Nice choices! So funny. Congrats on making these important decisions.

Anonymous said...

Allison- Really.... everything is in plastic...Jeez! You still may be getting a cookie sheet from Walmart from me- I'll just leave out the details. You really might want to consider registering at the W so that your friends can get you what you WANT- they are going to shop their anyway- is there really anywhere else to go in NW AR anyway? Mixers, blenders, George Foreman grills, etc are all great there- I'm just sayin'.

Also- Did you know that Italian Countryside is my everyday?? I still love it after having it for 10 yrs. I think you can mix and match with it easily- (ex. Christmas dishes, fun cute accent plates from Target, etc.)

I'm proud of Ryan for hanging in there.. You should have let him use the gun!

Allison and Ryan said...

Blakely-
Do you even read the posts or just look at the pretty pictures? :) I specifically referenced the fact that it's YOUR everyday as well.