Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Dress

So, I found a dress on Friday. And bought it. Well, Dad bought it, but you know what I mean. Mom, Blakely, and I drove to Low's in Brinkley and had the best shopping experience! They give you your own attendant for 2 hours (or 3, in our case), and all of the attention is on you. I picked the 2nd one I tried on, out of about 14, and I'm pretty thrilled to have that part of the planning done. Considering it takes 4 months for the dress to be made, it really needed to be done. That puts it here in early April, and then I'm having a few alterations made to the original design. Like, 97 additional buttons down the back, for example. I can't help myself. Buttons down the back are just Southern. And I'm tall. I require lots of buttons.

I'm so glad that my mom and sister were both able to be there when I made the decision. The choice was pretty instinctual, but it was nice to have 2 other important opinions confirm that the dress was "me".

I also think that I found the perfect bridesmaid dress. Cute, classic, and comfy, and I think that all 8 girls will look great in it.

Annnnd, that's all of the wedding progress I could muster up for 1 weekend. Exhausted, and the snow on the way back into Fayetteville didn't help the traffic situation. Now off to curl up on the couch while my amazing fiancé is doing the grocery shopping.



Oh, and we didn't go to Duck Gumbo. It was yucky weather and I decided to watch Auburn get its butt handed to it instead. WDE anyway.

No comments: