Monday, October 12, 2009

War Pig Eagle

That's my compromise for Woo Pig Sooie and War Damn Eagle. I try to be fair. But ugh. Auburn lost to Arkansas. And I'm an Auburn fan living a very few miles away from the University of Arkansas. I have one year to suffer the comments headed my way. Thanks football boys.

In other news, yay for cold weather being in the Ozarks, finally. Highs in the upper 50s/lower 60s this week. Our pumpkin is sitting patiently by the fireplace, waiting to be decorated. Mom's camp stew is thawing in the refrigerator, and I'm about to hop into the kitchen to make some pumpkin bread. This is the best recipe I've found so far. Let me know if you have a favorite!

Ingredients
•3 cups sugar
•1 cup vegetable oil
•4 eggs, lightly bean
•16 ounces canned unsweetened pumpkin
•3 1/2 cups flour
•2 teaspoons salt
•2 teaspoons baking soda
•1 teaspoon baking powder
•1 teaspoon nutmeg
•1 teaspoon allspice
•1 teaspoon cinnamon
•1/2 teaspoon cloves
•2/3 cup water
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour 2 9 by 5 loaf pans. Stir together sugar and oil. Stir in eggs and pumpkin. Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl. Blend dry ingredients and water into wet mixture, alternating. Divide batter between two loaf pans. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool.

In dog news, Libby is getting huge. She's on track to be more than 50 pounds, which is big for the breed. She's mostly good, but has her puppy moments of chewing and jumping up on guests. But how can we resist this face?


Also, we've found that the best squeaky toys ever are the Skineez & Birdeez made by Milkbone. Find them at Walgreens for $3, and they have no stuffing so they can't fall apart. Genius. I stocked up on all 7. (Fox, raccoon, rabbit, skunk, goose, pheasant, vulture). Seriously. Go buy some now.

Next up for the DeJarnette's...family picture for our holiday cards! I know the chances of getting the dog to pay attention to a camera are slim to none, but we're going to try. I hope it turns out something like this.


Off to make a really awesome sweatshirt for Ryan!

1 comment:

Blakely said...

ok- I literally squirted green tea out of my nose when I got to the end of this one! HA! We are SO going to do this for our picture- NOT kidding! You are funny, kid!