Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Namey

The last few weeks, I've had to come to terms with my name. Mail is starting to come in with my new name on it. Gas cards, paperwork for my new job, bills. It's strange. I always have to do a double take. Not to mention I still call Ryan my boyfriend half the time. "Fiance" barely got a chance to settle in. Who knows how long "husband" is going to take to get down pat. Who is Allison DeJarnette? DeJarnette is Ryan's last name, not mine. I'm Adams. Initials ABA, not AAD.

Yea, not so much anymore. I'm mourning the death of my old monogram. The monogram I loved and looked so great on everything. This new one will take some time.

So, in memorium, my old shower curtain:


And by old, I mean still hanging in the guest bath. I can't help it. It's kind of nice to see the old letters together.

I'm still all about my new initial. D. It's fun to notice the new letter when I look at different fonts. I never had to notice it before, to make sure it looked good. You all know what I mean. You can't choose a monogram font without making sure that you approve of the way it portrays all three initials. D, as it turns out, is harder to approve of than A. Plenty of them don't look good. Here are the raw silk ribbons that hung from the church door wreaths at the wedding. Now serving as decor on my brown leather occasional chairs:


Like the pineapple lamp? Walmart. Adore it. Favorite lamp in the house. But then again, I love everything pineapple. Symbol of hospitality dontchaknow.

Also, new table. Thanks to Pam for letting me use her Mom's car to bring it home. It turned out to be perfect for the space.

Thanks for listening to the rambling...
AAD

3 comments:

Confessions said...

oh, i feel your pain. it is hard to go through SO many changes. i didn't have as hard a time with the name as the phone number. nobody told me i'd have such a hard time with a new area code!!you'll get there!! :)

Amanda said...

Allison, i just found your blog. Congrats on getting married. I thought this post was funny. My new last name starts with O and I have had issues with the O. I really like those large gold letters that people get to hang on the wall or set in a bookcase. The letter of their last name. To me my O just looks like a big fat zero. So, there ya go.

Blakely said...

Love that table!